Re: Test cases: XML Literal value space and exclusive canonicalization

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:39:46 +0100
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org, Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@gmx.de>, Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, msm@w3.org

Preserving the thread, but answering just this point:

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:55:01 -0400 Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org> wrote:

<snip/> [on A) "<br/"> canonicalization ]

> I agree that it would be a bad idea to try to provide an exc-C14N
> test suite. I think it would be good to add an example like this
> just to document how RDF/XML syntax, lexical value, and so on,
> are related, and in particular, that they are not exactly the same.

The RDF Core WG has agreed to add a test to the RDF Core testcases
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Aug/0061.html
was accepted and we chose option 1 which is as follows:

[[
input rdfms-literal-is-xml-structure/test006.rdf

          xmlns:eg="http://example.org/">
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/foo">
    <eg:bar rdf:parseType="Literal"><br/></eg:bar>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

output rdfms-literal-is-xml-structure/test006.nt

<http://example.org/foo> <http://example.org/bar> "<br></br>"^^<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral> .
]]

Dave