Re: support XML Literals in RDF

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:31:18 -0400
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

At 11:28 03/08/07 -0400, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>Is there an oracle for exclusive canonical XML?  I realize that there are
>tools that will transform into exclusive canonical XML, but do they have a
>simple oracle?

Do you want to know that it is exclusive canonical XML while
you know it's well-formed XML, or do you start with the assumption
that you don't know what it is at all (i.e. it might be total
garbage)? The former is quite a bit simpler than the later,
because it doesn't need a stack to track proper element nesting.
The later is still simpler than a general XML parser, even
if only a well-formed one.

Regards,   Martin.