Re: pfps-15 say anything quote

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:

> From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
> Subject: pfps-15 say anything quote
> Date: 30 Jul 2003 14:34:31 +0100
>
> > Peter,
> >
> > This message concerns a last call comment you made about the RDF Primer
> > recorded as:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-15
> >
> > The RDFCore WG accepted your comment and the editor responded to you
> >
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0502.html
> >
> > You replied, indicating some disatisfaction with the WG process for
> > handling comments
> >
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0558.html
> >
> > We are now, I hope close to moving the documents on to the next stage.
> > An updated editor's draft of the primer is available at:
> >
> > //www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-primer-20030117/Overview.html
> >
> > Please can you reply to this message, copying www-rdf-comments@w3.org,
> > indicating whether you accept the disposition of comment pfps-15.
> >
> > Brian
>
> My ``say anything'' comment originates in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003janMar/0148.html.
> This message mentions portions of Primer and Concepts that I feel are
> contradictory.  I need to review both Primer and Concepts to determine
> whether this comment has been adequately addressed.

Peter--

I understand.  I believe the corresponding issues in the Concepts
document are

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-22
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-23

However, it would be helpful to know if there is something amiss with
the specific changes in the Primer made in response to your comments.

> I don't know the status of Concepts, but Primer (Last Call Revised Editor's
> Draft 21 July 2003) prominently states that it ``is in an interim state, is
> frequently changing, and the changes made have not necessarily been agreed
> to by the RDF Core Working Group.''  This indicates to me that it is not in
> a state suitable for review.

The disclaimer you refer to necessarily refers to the whole document.
However, I'm not aware of any pending changes to those specific sections
affected by your comments, and there probably won't be changes, unless
you yourself think changes are needed.  (There may be some changes to
Section 4.5, which is a new section, and some of the example numbers
need to change as a result of the introduction of that section, but
nothing else that I'm aware of).  We wouldn't have asked for your
comments on those sections unless we felt they were stable enough for
you to reasonably review.

I'd also note that, in this new version, I have attempted to address not
only the specific issue you raised in pfps-15, but your comments (in
many cases pre-last-call) on a number of other issues (the specific
issues are listed in the "Changes" section at the end of the Primer;
these issues are linked to the corresponding places in the Primer where
the changes have been made).  You may also want to review the other
changes listed in the Comments section of the Primer corresponding to
the other comments you have made.

> I await stable versions of both Concepts and Primer that are suitable for
> review.

OK

--Frank