Issue #pfps-17,18,19,20,21 Re: What does RDF consider a namespace to be?

At 05:37 25/02/2003 -0500, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

[...]

> > I am recording this an issue against primer, concepts, syntax and
> schema (a
> > search of test cases and semantics for 'namespace' found no matches) to
> > review the use of the term 'namespace'.
>
>I found 5 matches for ``namespace'' in RDF Semantics.  I don't know if any
>of them need any changes, but they are there.

Oops you are right - how did that happen?  Ok adding

   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-21

I checked test cases.  It contains the term but only in the names of files.

>These are recorded as:
> >
> >    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-17
> >    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-18
> >    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-19
> >    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-20
> >
> > The WG will respond in due course.
> >
> > Is that satisfactory for now?
> >
> > Brian
>
>Hmm.  For now, I suppose so, but this is in no sense a final resolution of
>the issue.

Right.  This is just acknowledging and recording it.

>Also, there is a general issue here, namely how should RDF use the term
>``namespace'', that is unlikely to be satisfactorily addressed by
>independant editorial action.

Right. I've recorded the issue against each document - maybe that was
overkill - to ensure that we address it in each doc, but we will discuss
and ensure we have a consistent usage across all the docs.

[...]

Brian