concepts doc: 404s aren't meaningful?

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:06:37 -0600
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

The concepts doc says:

> Issuing an HTTP GET request and obtaining data with a "200 OK"
> response code is a technical indication that the received data was
> published at the request URI; but data received with a "404 Not found"
> response cannot be considered to be similarly published information.

First, the f in Found should probably be capitalized. More importantly
though, I don't think that last bit is correct. Most people consider
404 error pages to be published. For example, I think the author of:

http://harrumph.com/404

would considered it a published document.

--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com/]