Re: Two questions about bagid

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:35:52 +0000
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

This response is to "a developer" the signature on the original posting.

At 14:15 11/02/2003 -0800, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

>I have a question about implementation of the bagid feature.
>My parser doesn't currently implement it, and so  fails the RDF
>tests which involve it.   The same seems to apply to Ids on

[...]

>Is this feature then worth implementing? What does the group think?

In an ideal world the answer is "no".  There are several parsers, for
different languages, that pass all the WG testcases.  Have you considered
integrating one of those rather than building your own?

If you really need to build your own, the answer in general is yes, if you
want to be sure of interoperating with other implementations.