RE: What is an RDF datatype?

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:54:15 +0200
To: <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

Facets are not part of RDF Datatypes. I made recommendations to the
editors earlier to adjust the wording to say that RDF Datatypes are
"derived from" and/or "compatable with" the definition of XML Schema,
specifically because the definition of RDF Datatypes is *not* identical
to that of XML Schema.

I will request again to the editors that this be stated clearly and
accurately, so as to avoid further confusion on this point.

If you need examples of the proper wording, see the last Datatyping
Specification of which I was then an editor.

Regards,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com