2 formalities in RDF concepts

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:00:07 -0600
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

re http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-concepts-20030123/

I'm going over it with a fairly fine-tooth comb,
updating my larch stuff.
  http://www.w3.org/XML/9711theory/RDFAbSyn.lsl

I found 2 bugs:

    % 6.3 Graph Equality
    % REVIEW: if this is really equality/identity
    % (and I think the model theory sees it as such)
    % then a graph isn't just a set of triples;
    % it's an equivalence class of sets of triples

if a graph is a set of triples, then graphs are
equal when they contain the same triples, full stop.
Not so. Pls fix.

2ndly...

specification of literals is goofy... "A literal in an RDF graph
  contains three components called: ...
  The datatype URI being an RDF URI reference. ...
  A plain literal is one in which the datatype URI is absent."
Hello? you just told me every literal has one.

Specify that the datatype URI and language identifier
are optional.

see also weblog notes...
  http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2003/01/27/2003-01-27.html#1043707824.268497

and my notes about larch...