RE: review of LCC documents as of 26 December 2002

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:55:22 +0200
To: <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

> I've heard people (DanC in particular) repeatedly
> state that,
> > if it looks like a URL (as opposed to a URIref), you ought
> to be able to
> > get something by going there with a browser.

I fully agree. Unfortunately, "classes" of URIs such as "URL", "URN",
etc. seem to be deprecated and considered a mistake in various
recent publications from the W3C and elsewhere, so I'd hardly expect
the TAG to ratify such a view (though if they did, that would be
refreshing).

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com