Re: status of rdf, rdfs, and owl ``namespace files''

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:37:32 +0300
To: Nick.Efthymiou@schwab.com, www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Dear Nick

the RDF Core Working Group considered your suggestion that we should change
the namespace URIs for RDF and RDFS.

On the 11th April, we decided not to:

Some discussion is reflected in say:

for example
> [[
> Considering that:
>   o the WG, have in multiple editions of WD's indicated its intention to
> not to change the URI REFS for the RDF and RDFS namespaces
>   o the WG explicitly requested feedback on this intention
>   o very little negative feedback has been received
>   o there is significant cost and complexity in changing the namespace
> the RDFCore WG resolves
>   o not to change the URI REFS for the RDF and RDFS namespaces
>   o to ACTION the document editor's to make such editorial changes as
> are required by this decision
> ]]

Bluntly: the WG considered your opinion as a small minority, sorry.
Also apologies for the tardiness in conveying this to you.

The changes made to RDF Concepts concerning this are the removal of the notes
asking for comments

I believe a similar change will be made to RDF Syntax (I am not 100% sure).

Please reply to this email, copying www-rdf-comments@w3.org indicating
whether this decision is acceptable.