Re: [closed] pfps-05

This appears to have solved the particular example that presented.

I note, however, that there have been significant changes to the RDF and
RDFS semantics that impact the RDFS closure rules.  I also note that there
are further changes to the RDF semantics that may affect the correctness of
the RDFS closure rules.  I feel that a complete review of the RDF semantics
is needed after these changes have been performed before the correctness of
the RDFS closure rules can be determined.

For example, I am currently unable to determine whether the following
entailment

     ex:foo ex:prop "a"^^foo:bar  .

	entails

     ex:foo ex:prop _:x  .
     _:x rdf:type rdfs:Resource .

can be deduced from the RDFS closure rules.

I feel that this issue has been prematurely closed.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research
Lucent Technologies

PS:  I note that as of 6:30AM EDT 29 May 2003, none of our messages from
yesterday are visible (to me, at least) in the www-rdf-comments@w3.org
archive.