Re: [closed] macgregor-02, Propositional attitudes

From: Bob MacGregor <macgregor@ISI.EDU>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:48:40 -0700
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
Frank,

 >could we modify our agreement in the latter message to NOT talk about
propositional attitudes in the Primer

Sounds very reasonable to me.  I approve.
I still marvel at how thorough you folks are.

Cheers, Bob

t 09:24 AM 5/2/2003 -0400, Frank Manola wrote:
>Bob--
>
>[Catching up with some backed-up Primer work].
>
>In message
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003AprJun/0003.html
>you indicated to Graham Klyne that it was OK to deal with your concerns
>about whether RDF supported expressing propositional attitudes (we've
>agreed that it doesn't) by removing the material that seemed to suggest it
>did.  Earlier, in message
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0466.html,
>you'd agreed with my suggestion that I'd try to deal with this in the
>Primer by explicitly describing the propositional attitude problem, and
>saying that we don't support expressing those things.  Given what Graham
>is going to do, I'm now reluctant to explicitly bring up propositional
>attitudes in the Primer (since it won't now come up the the Concepts
>spec), only to say that we don't support them.  It seems to me bringing
>this subject up might create unnecessary confusion.  So could we modify
>our agreement in the latter message to NOT talk about propositional
>attitudes in the Primer (the other Primer fixes we agreed on concerning
>reificiation would still stand)?
>
>--Frank
>

>--
>Frank Manola                   The MITRE Corporation
>202 Burlington Road, MS A345   Bedford, MA 01730-1420
>mailto:fmanola@mitre.org       voice: 781-271-8147   FAX: 781-271-875

Robert MacGregor
Senior Project Leader
macgregor@isi.edu
Phone: 310/448-8423, Fax:  310/822-6592
Mobile: 310/251-8488

USC Information Sciences Institute
4676 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292