Re: problem with blank node identifiers and rdf:nodeID

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:46:20 +0000
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, www-rdf-comments@w3.org

>>>Brian McBride said:
>
> At 10:55 28/11/2002 -0500, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
> >It appears to me that the use of rdf:nodeID makes it impossible to
> >correctly transform an RDF/XML document into n-triples without first
> >checking for all the rdf:nodeID uses in the document.  Otherwise a
> >generated blank node id could accidentally be the same as one used (later)
> >in an rdf:nodeID in the document.
>
> Is there anywhere in the spec where it says that the node id used in the
> n-triples MUST be the same as the nodeID used in the rdf/xml?

It does say that, actually.  Rewording it so that it is more flexible
will be tricky, but I will attempt it.

  [[ If there is an attribute a with a.URI == rdf:nodeID, then
   e.subject := identifier(identifier:=a.string-value,
                           identifier-type:="bnodeID").

  ]]
  -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20021108/#nodeElement

(and