Re: Comments on RDF Concepts and Abstract Data Model

At 23:53 21/11/2002 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>Peter,
>
>I believe I have now understood your concerns on equality ...
>
>Would the following text near the beginning of the abstract syntax section
>help (help enough to reduce it to a minor concern?)
>[[
>Note: Syntactic equality, between RDF graphs, URI references or literals,
>is often inappropriate for applications. Semantic notions, defined in
>[RDF-SEMANTICS], such as that of entailment between graphs, or that of
>having the same denotation are usually preferable.
>]]

I'm concerned that this text is a little formidable for the intended
audience of the concepts doc.

I don't understand what it is trying to say.  Please remember that the
intended audience of the concepts doc includes folks who are not
mathematicians.  Please make the text accessible to them.

Brian