Re: RDF in XHTML

Dave Beckett wrote:
> What?  I've just noticed rdf:ID inside the XHTML bit.  That's not
> going to be noticed by an RDF parser.  It only deals with
> <rdf:RDF> <rdf:RDF/> blocks.

That should not be.

> We haven't spent a lot of time considering mixing these things like
> this.  Sounds more like a web architecture issue.  For the TAG.  Ha ha.

When you embed XHTML in SVG, you don't wrap the whole fragment in an
see that you seldom include the root element. (Schema in WSDL is an
exception, and does it as RDF does, but HTML in WSDL does not.

The RDF specification should say specifically what an RDF processor is
looking for in a non-RDF document. I would propose that an
rdf:Description should be a proper root for an RDF fragment. Similarly,
a fragment rooted in rdf:About or rdf:ID should be interpreted as an
abbreviated rdf:Description.

I don't think it needs to be handled by the TAG. Other "how do I embed
X" issues are figured out just by the people defining the languages.

  Paul Prescod