re Input sought on datatyping tradeoff

From: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:12:07 +0100
To: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

Dear RDF Core,

Prefer D to be yes.

See also:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2002Jul/0059.html>

For reasons et al.

In the meantime:

 * I would like to see these added to test A:

   <John>  <ageInYears> "ten" .
   <John>  <ageInYears> "Ten" .

 * I'm concerned W3C XML Schema is getting baked into RDF, but let's
wait for the datatyping draft.

 * I still don't understand why A and D are mutually exclusive. Can
someone point me at a discussion that explains this?

I'm not at all sure why the issue was presented the way it was, but I
appreciate RDF Core's been stuck on this matter for a while. Sometimes
you have to just ship the thing.

regards,
Bill de hOra

..