RE: RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised) 2002-03-25

Nice work. I liked the way this paper evolves it's approach to tidy
everything together, particularly going through the XML Infoset view of
things and the addition of xml:base which, IMHO, is valuable as a formal
way to interchange ontologies along with a basic context/scope (hey, I
managed to use two dangerous terms at the same time) for their
internals.

The only parts that caught my eye while briefly going through the text
yesterday:

3 Data Model
-------------------
Namespace Information Item is said to be "Not Used". How can this be
true?
Although RDF uses more narrow semantics on top of XML Names, the
information of the namespaces as defined by the Infoset is used through
both Element and Attribute Information Items; more specifically,
[prefix] and [namespace name] as defined by the Namespace Information
Item definition are seen through both (Document)Element and Attribute
Information Items.

Kindest regards,

Manos

ion-Changes

 The previous drafts also contained changes to the syntax, in
particular:

  * Removal of aboutEach and aboutEachPrefix
  * Requiring namespace prefixes on all elements and attributes

The RDF Core WG encourages feedback and comments, especially with
regard to how the changes affect existing implementations and
content.  Comments should be sent to the public mailing list
www-rdf-comments@w3.org and an archive of the comments is available
at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/

Dave