Using rdf reification to nest statements in N3 like contexts

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:13:46 -0800
To: "Jonathan Borden" <jonathan@openhealth.org>, "Graham Klyne" <GK@ninebynine.org>
Cc: "www-rdf-comments" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
From: "Graham Klyne" <GK@ninebynine.org>

> That said, I rather like this idea.  As it happens, I've made some
> notes about extending the model theory to handle N3 style contexts
> (which I think map quite nicely to this suggestion):
>
>    http://www.ninebynine.org/RDFNotes/UsingContextsWithRDF.html

Which is much appreciated :)   But in which you say:
[[
Using this approach, the number of triples will increase exponentially with
the depth of context nesting.
]]

Which I don't think is true.  I think it is basically just 4 (maybe 5) times
the number of triples. The number of triples for any level of nesting is
just 4N + (if N>1, N)  where N is the number of statements in whatever level
of nesting past the top.  Note this even provides that all the statements in
one context are conjunctive.  See mentograph:

http://robustai.net/mentography/nesting_context.gif

Seth Russell