Re: RDF Syntax - simplified Non XML RELAXNG

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:31:06 +0000
To: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Cc: www-rdf-comments <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
At 04:43 PM 3/14/02 +0000, Dave Beckett wrote:
> > 4) A simple and easy to include addition to the syntax is to allow nested
> > rdf:RDF elements i.e. as the object of a statement. The contents of a
> nested
> > rdf:RDF might be interpreted as a collection of reified statements or as an
> > "N3 context" whose set of statements might be interpreted by the MT as
> > "unasserted". In any case it is a simple addition to the syntax.
>
>That would be a significant syntax change that we probably can't
>justify at this stage in the refactoring of the syntax.  It would
>also have implications on the model theory since it would probably
>change the model.  Again, this is heading out of our current charter
>territory in my opinion.

I agree with Dave that this is out of scope, and would change the model
theory, so it's not for the current RDFcore WG.

That said, I rather like this idea.  As it happens, I've made some notes
about extending the model theory to handle N3 style contexts (which I think
map quite nicely to this suggestion):

   http://www.ninebynine.org/RDFNotes/UsingContextsWithRDF.html

#g

Graham Klyne