Re: need to determine what RDF is

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:52:36 -0700
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

From: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>

> Yes, but my point is that this logical interpretation is *not* RDF
> entailment.  It is, instead, RDFS entailment.

I still fail to see why it is important for us to classify entailments.
It's just going to over complicate stuff needlessly.  If my agent knows the
rules for rdfs:subClass, than it can arrive at legitimate entailments, if it
doesn't know those rules, then  it can't. Why can't we just agree not to
bother to classify entailments?   What added benefit is gained by
classifying entailments?

http://robustai.net/mentography/rdf_entailment_pfpsQ.gif

Seth Russell