Re: need to determine what RDF is

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:21:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
cc: <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>, <em@w3.org>, <w3c-semweb-cg@w3.org>

My take in a nutshell. The core problem (our 'rdfms-assertion' issue, on
my reading)

RDFCore 1.0 RDF/XML documents have propositional content; they represent
'claims about the world'. What factors fix this content, ie. what
is relevant when we set about considering whether some bundle of these
RDF/XML-represented propositions are true or not?

I don't think there is a simple answer. I wish there were...

Dan