Re: Spec doesn't talk about two-valued relationships

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> The spec explains how to deal with relationships > 3 (rdf:value) but not
> those < 3 (i.e. two). I'd like to suggest we introduce two new properties:
>
> rdf:is

rdf:type; create a "predicate" class whose members have the appropriate
property.

> rdf:isNot

Yikes! Boom. That was the sound of the semantic web blowing up :-) This
leads to non-monotonicity, which doesn't sit particularly well with the
RDF worldview, as far as I can tell (no doubt the daml/oil people may
say differently)

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
perl -e 's?ck?t??print:perl==pants if $_="Just Another Perl Hacker\n"'