Re: aboutEach: attr val use/mention bug

Brian McBride wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Nice one on the sub-property problem.
>
> I've created a new issue:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-abouteach
>
> Regarding the use/mention bug.  I'm inclinded to ask Ralph to update the
> errata.  Would you agree?

I'm happy for him to say, on the errata page, that
"... value is a collection ..." is an error. But
I'm not sure what to suggest as a correction yet.

[Ralph isn't critical path for that, though, is he?
If the WG decides it's an error, you can do it, no?]

But I'm much more interested in
the WG's disposition of the test case I submitted
than the editorial details. Is it an RDF document?
If so, what's the n-triples equivalent?

The simplest answer that meets my needs is: "no,
it's not an RDF document; there is no rdf:aboutEach
attribute in RDF; we're sorry for creating any
impression that there was one.": ;-)

My answer continues...
"Stay tuned for a rules language specification which
will allow you to say express this sort of thing
and much more. If you agree that there never
was an rdf:aboutEach attribute in RDF, we're
likely to get to a specification of rules sooner.
By the way, here's an XSLT transformation that
will take any XML document with rdf:aboutEach
in it and produce an RDF document that, when
combined with some rules, says
what you probably meant to say:
http://www.w3.org/2001/04rs22/aboutEachSugar.xsl
http://www.w3.org/2001/04rs22/#ae

"

(hmm... I should probably change that aboutEachSugar.xsl
and aboutEachRules.n3 to use a different namespace
for the 1st-class-object version of rdf:aboutEach.)

I include the test case here to reiterate it; note
that it'll work fine with the rules-based interpretation
of aboutEach: