RE: Are duplicate property/value pairs permitted for a resource?

Eric,

I would have assumed that, after the deletion, app2 should have gotten a
NOT-FOUND result of some sort.

To cite Ralph Swick's last response:

> Whatever the implementation does, it should present the external
> appearance that there is only one instance of any given triple
> {x,y,z} for the "same" values of x, y, and z.  Sameness is the
> critical question, which the RDF/XML syntax can't yet answer.

For the sake of argument, let's say that in your example the literal object
"2" is "the same" wherever it is used.

Then, since there should be only one apparent instance of the triple,
deleting the triple should make that one apparent triple disappear.  Anyone
querying for that triple after a deletion should not be able to find it any
more.

Sam