Re: Are duplicate property/value pairs permitted for a resource?

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 12:26:06PM -0700, Samuel Yang wrote:
> I should amend the end of the 1st paragraph of my message below to read:
>
> 	I can see that two seemingly identical literals used in two
> different contexts (e.g., used with two different predicates) should
> probably not be considered identical.  However, I don't see any reason not
> to consider two statements to be identical when they contain identical
> subject and predicate resources and "identical" literal objects.  For
> instance, under what scenarios should the triple (#A, #B, "2") not equal the
> triple (#A, #B, "2")?

app1 adds (#A, #B, "2")
app2 adds (#A, #B, "2")
app1 dels (#A, #B, "2")
app2 queries for (#A, #B) values and should get "2".

Also, while a votes system could be implemented with an rdf container
(thereby assigning unique ordinals to each vote), I don't beleive the
language dictates, that.

Take this with a grain of salt, didn't thing about it long.
--
-eric

(eric@w3.org)