Re: Getting started with SiRPAC

From: Janne Saarela <Janne.Saarela@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:48:19 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Nigel Byrnes <byrnes@prl.research.philips.com>
cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
Hi Nigel

> Step 6 of the installation instructions says to run the parser as
> follows:
>
> java -Dorg.xml.sax.parser=<classname> org.w3c.rdf.SiRPAC sourcefile/URI
>
> I think I am having a problem with the -D parameter (java error print
> out found attached at the end). Currently <classname> is the path to my
> sax parser, but I feel that SiRPAC is unable to access it because when i
> use garbage for <classname>, I get the same error message.

This would suggest the class file may be corrupted. I suggest
you next try recompiling the original source file by typing
the following in the right directory:

javac SiRPAC.java

..and then retry the execution.

Early on some of the class files were corrupted due to cvs which
mangled the files (even though I thought I was using -kb options).
Recompiling appeared to help in that case - I suspect here you
have a similar problem.

Could you specify which release of SiRPAC you're using?

Janne
--
Janne Saarela           | Visiting scientist
Email: jsaarela@w3.org  | World Wide Web Consortium http://www.w3.org/