on hCalendar, GRDDL, and RDF Calendar

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:41:08 -0500
To: RDF Calendar <www-rdf-calendar@w3.org>

"A week or so ago, I started working with the X2V code,
which works great but has a lot of redundancy. In order
to have some confidence that I wouldn't break it, I
developed a test case for each piece of the code that
I touched. ..."
 -- hcardTest materials, XHTML version of RFC2426, and fun with

While I was at it, I adapted the techniques from
my derived version of xhtml2vcard.xsl to consume

  1.1, Sat Jul 23 19:39:07 2005

It doesn't cover the iCalendar spec in nearly as much
detail as http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/fromIcal.py
(no specific code for repeating events, timezones,
or any of that).

It should be straightforward to get it to produce RDF, i.e.
to be a GRDDL transformation for hCalendar.

Then all we'd need is an XMDP profile for hCalendar, which
the microformats folks seem to agree is in order...

Would it be more in the spirit of HTML to define these classes in a
profile (http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-, so
that "User agents may... perform some activity based on known
conventions for that profile"? Should this be a part of microformats
specifications in general? (If not, why not?)
              * ACCEPTED. Yes, all microformats that introduce new
                classnames SHOULD include an XMDP
                (http://gmpg.org/xmdp/) profile (which itself is a
                microformat for defining HTML metadata profiles) that
                defines those classnames.
 -- http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-issues

and we'd have all the hCalendar data connected to the upper-case
Semantic Web. :)

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E