revert recent timezone changes? put them in a new schema?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:35:25 -0500
To: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org
I'm starting to feel like I haven't made good on the
"if anybody objects, we'll roll back the changes" promise.
  http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/#dev

I wonder if I should roll back the timezone changes
and start a new schema with the new timezone design.

I'm not inclined to maintain 2 schemas. I'm willing to
move new development to schema with a URI different
from http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/ical but I'm not
offering to do maintenance on that one as well as
new development.

The tests and conversion tools will migrate to the
new schema, I think; I don't think I can afford to
keep 2 sets of them around.