Re: semantic ical and the spring symposium on semantic web services

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 03:48, Libby Miller wrote:
[...]
> > I've already created ical schedules for all the talks in the program,
> > and have published them on the program web-pages (see [1]), but now
> > want to create semantic equivalents for these events.  Where is the
> > latest version of your schedule ontology, and are there any examples?

Yes, we have a little pile of test data:

http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/test/

> Dan Connolly has been working on a new version of the vocabulary,
> currently located here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/rfc2445-formal.rdf
>
> but he was thinking of replacing the old one[1] with that.
> Having looked at it this week I think that the new one is much better
> and should be the one to use. There was some discussion about whether
> this is the right thing to do[2] which will affect the namespace used,
> but I would definitely go with Dan's new one (which uses OWL and RDFS).
>
> Dan, did you reach any conclusions about moving the new vocab to the
> old namespace?

I don't mean for anybody to refer to the .../rfc2445-formal schema
from their data!

The new schema has more constraints in it, but there are only a few
small changes to the way the actual data works (enumerated values
are strings and Valarm is a component and maybe a couple others).

i.e. the new schema is intended to describe almost the same vocabulary.
I updated the conversion tools and test data, and I plan to update
the 2002/12/cal schema itself presently, unless somebody objects.

> > Also, are there any readily available tools that might be able to use
> > this markup?

Yes, event sherpa and cwm and various others. Anything in particular
you want to do?

>   I already have OWL markup for all the speakers/authors,
> > and all the papers, and am working on a conference ontology to pull all
> > this together.  However, I also need to tie together the temporal
> > events.  I'm hoping to publish all the OWL markup and annotate the html
> > by the end of the week...

Annotate the HTML? How? Have you considered GRDDL?
  http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view