RE: Syntactic profile of RDFiCal?

Picking up some fairly old threads...

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 06:05, Danny Ayers wrote:
> So DTD & XSD don't sound too promising..! I've seen this stuff talked about
> so many times, but I think this is the first time I've read what happens if
> you actually try it.
>
> Anyhow, I've no personal experience, but I believe RelaxNG allows a lot of
> flexibility not found in XSD - might that be an option?

I think this is probably worth doing, and that RelaxNG and XSD are
both feasible.

Yes, it limits expressiveness and extensibility, but keep in mind
that the mapping we've defined between .rdf and .ics isn't all
that extensible. We sorta support x- properties, but that's about
it. The rdf2ical.py tool could be split in two: (1) a filter
to grab just the .ics-relevant properties from an RDF knowledge
base and format the results in the syntactic profile, and
(2) a syntactic converter that only groks the profile.

I wonder if
  http://kanzaki.com/parts/rdf2ical.xsl
is pretty much (2). Does it have a full RDF parser? No,
it seems to expect a limited syntax.

I'm sure (1) would be a pretty straightforward cwm filter.