changing timezones

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:03:43 -0500 (EST)
To: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

Hi,

I am trying to work out how to put my flight data into my calendars (phone
and laptop).

I recieve the information as a dump from a computer system, with all
timezones local - but I know which airport the arrival time is local to.

Is it more use to convert the arrival time back to the timezone of departure,
or can I pass an event with seperate timezones for start and end times (since
I am modelling each flight as an event)?

A similar question arises in how to handle the location of the event - I
think in RDF I will simply have a start-location and an end-location, but to
convert into iCal I'll make a processable string of the two locations such as

  iata:MUC-iata:EWR <leaving from Munich, arriving Newark>

that I can export out again...

I suspect this is really a question related to what tools can handle
easily...

thoughts?

Chaals