RDF calendar IRC meeting of 2003-04-09 - notes

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:06:08 +0100 (BST)
To: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

raw logs:

weblog, including particpants, geo/calendar usecases:

next calendar meet: 2003-04-23, 1500 UTC

next geo meet: 2003-04-16 1400 UTC

The agenda was quite general, and only specified that the session was
about mixing geographical and calendar data.

In the end we narrowed down two particular sorts of usecases,

cal/geo usecase 1: opening hours of a thing that has a place

libby: ACTIOn libby write a converter from chefmoz opening housr format
to rdf calendar format (or icalendar format maybe?)
libby: ACTION danbri_fr to have a draft of the 'concentric circles'
within100m schema/vocab for next week

cal/geo usecase 2: describing a journey

Jim and jo offered to do some work on this:

 16:00:28   <JibberJim> I'm going to explore more on marking up my
journeys and email some discussion, is there a mailing list for this

 16:00:34   <libby> I was wondering if you woule like to mock up jim's
journeies as points zool? does that make sense?
 16:01:23   <zool> that makes sense... i have the data for that london
walk though, which is the same underlying prepresentation, would be
happier to actually do that :)

for further geo discussion, we have a geo meeting this week on
wednesday: 2003-04-16 1400 UTC

and although there's no mailing list, you can use these alternative
routes of talking about geo stuff

 16:02:43   <danbri_fr> how about if ppl want to chat off of main lists,
cc www-archive+geo@w3.org to put their comments in public space

 16:03:02   <danbri_fr> also folk v welcome to scribble in the ESW wiki,
http://esw.w3.org/topic/GeoInfo and nearby

- or use www-rdf-calendar@w3.org, especially if it is calendar-related.