Re: RDF calendar IRC meeting of 2003-04-09 - notes

On Monday, 14 April 2003 at 13:06, Libby Miller wrote:

> The agenda was quite general, and only specified that the session was
> about mixing geographical and calendar data.
Interesting. I'm working on something that may have some cross-over.
It's intended to be a uri space for representing instants, intervals,
points and regions according to a variety of calendar and positioning
schemes. It's very much work in progress and the only uri space I've
written up is one that represents instants in time according to the
Gregorian calendar. See http://placetime.com/ for an early view of
what's there. I have some notes on the uri syntax for intervals in the
same calendar which I can share if anyone's interested.

Some background: this is a component of some larger ideas I have
around genealogical/biographical data. It seemed like a generally
useful concept to have something that multiple applications could
point at and agree on the meaning of.

It'd be great to have some feedback and input from the calendaring
folks.

Ian