Agenda: next RDF calendar IRC meet - 9th April 2003, 1500UTC

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:21:09 +0100 (BST)
To: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

The next IRC calendar meeting is tomorrow, 9th April 2003, at 1500 UTC:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=9&month=4&year=2003&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

on irc.freenode.net #rdfig or up to 90 minutes

more information about IRC: http://esw.w3.org/topic/InternetRelayChat

Agenda requests for this or later meetings can be added to the ESW
wiki calendar page:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/RdfCalendar

Agenda

The only agenda suggestion as yet is for GeoInfo - mixing calendar and
geographical information.

This topic has many applications, for example:

for travelling
http://esw.w3.org/topic/TravelTools
http://esw.w3.org/topic/PathCross

displaying:
http://jibbering.com/foaf/foaf-people-map.svg
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/travel.html
7.12 Geographic Coordinate Systems, SVG 1.1 spec
http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2003/03/28/2003-03-28.html#1048862913.413335

Locating interesting things:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/RestaurantRecommendation
http://esw.w3.org/topic/OpeningHoursUseCase

More Geo information is here:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/GeoInfo

I'm open to suggestions of exactly what to discuss in this time.

examples might be how to represent

- a specific building with a street address, opening hours and lat/long
attributes http://esw.w3.org/topic/OpeningHoursUseCase

- representing approximate, exact, and default locations of people, for
example while travelling (I'll be in London on Thursday, I'll be in
Paddington station concourse at 0900UTC 2003-04-11, I usually work in
Bristol).

- a point, such as a bus stop, and timetables of busses passing

more ideas welcome!

cheers

Libby