Re: SKiCal spec.

On Monday, November 4, 2002, par.lannero@metamatrix.se (Pär Lannerö)
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>For those of you interested in calendars for public events (Concerts,
>theatre plays, sports games, religiuos meetings, exhibitions...) there
>is a new version of the SKiCal specification (which is an iCalendar
>profile) available at
>
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-many-ical-ski-06.txt

This looks extremely useful!  I've been wrapping a Web application
around Sosigenes (http://www.mcgath.com/sosigenes), with plans for
commercial marketing, and have increasingly noted deficiencies in trying
to use iCalendar for calendars of the kind you describe (to which I'd
add science fiction conventions).

SkiCal is defined only in terms of pure (non-XML) RFC2445, but the
incorporation of its additional features into a superset of xCal appears
to be straightforward.

Is there a mailing list for SkiCal discussions?

Gary McGath       http://www.mcgath.com/consulting/