What about XML?

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 23:57:11 -0700
To: "Calendars" <www-rdf-calendar@w3.org>
I read through the IETF Internet Draft entitled "Guide to Internet
Calendaring" --
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-inetcal-guide-00.txt

And if I read it correctly, there is (or shortly will be) a calendar
management protocol (CAP) which:

1. Describes messages used to manage calendars (represented in ICAL).

2. Provides real-time binding for the calendar management messages.

An alternative to the CAP transport mechanism is store-and-forward via
email.

It seems to me that a W3C equivalent might be to simply convert ICAL/etc.
into CalML (if this hasn't already been done). Writing up a schema for CalML
would probably be fairly easy.

I'm not sure what the benefit would be to converting iCal to RDF instead of
XML. Can anyone enlighten me? I mean, I can see some advantages to adding
time, duration, period, sequence, etc. to RDF, but does it really need a
full-fledged calendaring app?

The more I look at this stuff, the more interesting it gets.

Charles F. Munat
Seattle, Washington