RDF Calendar todo list

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:08:03 +0100 (BST)
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>, Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>, Alan Davies <aland@steltor.com>, Michael Arick <marick@cse.ucsc.edu>, brian_mcbride <brian_mcbride@hp.com>, connolly@w3.org, d.m.steer@lse.ac.uk, Owen Ambur <Owen_Ambur@fws.gov>, bill.morgan@gsa.gov, RDF Calendar <www-rdf-calendar@w3.org>

Hi all,

I think that we're really getting somewhere with the RDF version of
iCalendar. I thought it might be useful to have a think about what we
want to/need to do in the next few weeks.

Please tell me what you think, and let me know about anything else you'd
like to be on this list. I will put these up in a webpage when we've
had some discussion about them. I have time to do some or most of this
work, although I would be very grateful for any help. Whoever does
the work, I'd like some confirmation that we are heading on the right
track.

all the best

Libby

1. Datatypes

* make sure that the DAML syntax is used for all datatypes

* decide the issue of whether we allow UTC or not in the rdf:value of
datetimes (XML datatypes does; iCalendar doesn't, although you can have
a UTC property on datetime).

2. Namespaces

* think about splitting up the hybrid iCalendar schema into a few
different namespaces, for example:

	- dates, times
	- repeating properties and classes
	- timezone properties and classes?

	-....

with the intention of making using part of the schema as simple as
possible.

* think about the links between namespaces and iCalendar
properties and classes, e.g. dc:description,
dc:date; foaf:Person; daml:duration

* think about utilty namespaces, which have classes and properies to do
with icalendar, but are not part of it, for example, presenter (of a
conference paper); output (a document, of a meeting); input (maybe a
reading list for a tutorial, or a document for a meeting)

* find a permanent home for the namespaces themselves

3. Documentation and examples

* compare models of events using examples: daml, palm, rss event,
skical, iCalendar

* write some how-tos, using plentiful examples

* write up the reasoning behind the choices we made in the RDF schema

* write some implementations

anything else?