Re: new drafts published

From: Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:43:58 -0400
To: "'Liam Quin'" <liam@w3.org>
CC: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>, "'Michael Rys'" <mrys@microsoft.com>, "'Philip Wadler'" <wadler@inf.ed.ac.uk>, "'Tolkin, Steve'" <Steve.Tolkin@FMR.COM>, www-ql@w3.org

There are other problems in this description:

>* XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language:
>  A non-XML, Perl-like syntax for querying collections of structured
>  and semi-structured data both locally and over the Web - Last Call

Not only is the Perl deescription problematic, but a  language is not
the same thing as a syntax, and XML does not need to be in a
"collection" to be queried - we can query single documents, for
instance.Locally and over the web are not the only two options - I can
use a connection to a database server, for instance. Why not just:

      An XML query language.

Jonathan