Re: new drafts published

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:17:00 +0200
To: 'Liam Quin' <liam@w3.org>
Cc: www-ql@w3.org

'Liam Quin' wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 07:03:02PM +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
>>As a high-level description I would say "a language that is stylistically
>>similar to SQL, and that incorporates and extends XPath".
>
> I think that's a helpful approach.

I'd avoid citing languages though. Everyone has their set of languages
they (love to) hate. Comparing to SQL would imho deter the part of the
world that might be interested in XQuery at first only because it's not
SQL. I know quite a few people for whom that would be a motivator.

Just say it's comparable to none other than itself :)

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist