Re: namespace node implementation

On Tuesday, Oct 21, 2003, at 20:35 Europe/Berlin, Per Bothner wrote:

> I've been thinking about how to efficiently implement namespace
> "nodes". (This is for serialization and get-in-scope-namespace only -
> I already have efficient code for namespace resolution when parsing
> XML, and for matching QNames.)
>
> Does the following sound like it would work ok?  (The last point is
> the critical non-obvious one.)

some of them seem unnecessarily complex. i suspect you're not thinking
about first-class names, which may be the cause of the problem. in
order to offer a detailed response, i'd like to run the examples
through cl-xml, but first i need to know what, exactly the "/"
notations is intended to mean.

> let $b := $x/b
> $c/b -> <b xmlns:ns1="NS1"/>
> $d -> <d xmlsns:ns3="NS3"><c xmlsns:ns2="NS2"><b
> xmlns:ns1="NS1"/></c></d>
> $d/c/b -> <b xmlns:ns1="NS1"/>

is it a combination operator, a path construct, or a ?