Re: namespace node implementation

From: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:15:45 -0700
To: james anderson <james.anderson@setf.de>
Cc: www-ql@w3.org

james anderson wrote:

> some of them seem unnecessarily complex. i suspect you're not thinking
> about first-class names, which may be the cause of the problem.

I don't know what "first-class names" refers to, so I don't know if I'm
not thinking about it ...  Perhaps I didn't make obvious the context,
which is XQuery (and XPath 2.0) implementation, without support for
explicit namespace nodes (as in XPath 1.0).

> is it a combination operator, a path construct, or a ?

The '->' just means "evaluates and serializes to".
--
	--Per Bothner