Re: creation order vs. document order

From: Torsten Grust <Torsten.Grust@uni-konstanz.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:43:06 +0200
To: Jan Hidders <jan.hidders@ua.ac.be>
Cc: www-ql@w3.org

Hi again,

On September 23 (16:34 +0200), Jan Hidders wrote with possible deletions:
| [...]
| I don't think that answers my question. This says something about the
| order of the nodes but nothing about their order in document order: it
| is still quite possible that Value2 precedes Value1 in document order.
| It all depends on where in the universe of all created fragment newly
| created nodes are placed when they are created.

Aha, now I realize where are you getting at.  I got distracted by your
FLWR block, I guess.  ;-)

If your question concerns the creation of ``free standing'' nodes
(like the <c> nodes in your original query), then the XQuery and XPath
Data Model Document might help:

   3.2 Document Order
   [...]

   The relative order of free-standing nodes (elements, attributes,
   and other nodes created outside the context of a particular
   document) is also implementation-dependent but stable.

Greetings,
   --Teggy

--
  | Dr. Torsten Grust                          Torsten.Grust@uni-konstanz.de |