Re: ANNOUNCE: XQuery Implementation Demo available online from X-Hive

At 05:06 PM 10/22/2001 +0200, Jeroen van Rotterdam wrote:
>X-Hive Corporation has just posted an online demo of its XQuery
>implementation

Cool! I played with this, and it is quite nice.

>A few key points which makes this particular demo unique:

As nice as it is, these three things are not unique. Software AG's QuiP can
run with or without our native XML database, and has been able to do the
things you call unique for quite a long time now. You can find it here:

QuiP, Software AG's XQuery Prototype
http://www.softwareag.com/developer/quip/default.htm

Here is my current list of other publicly available XQuery implementations,
omitting Software AG because the info is above, and adding X-Hive's demo to
the list:

Microsoft
http://131.107.228.20

SourceForge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xquench/

Fatdog
http://www.fatdog.com/

Lucent
http://db.bell-labs.com/galax/

X-Hive
http://www.x-hive.com/xquery

Also worth mentioning is Kweelt, which is an implementation of Quilt, the
earlier language from which XQuery evolved:

Kweelt
http://db.cis.upenn.edu/Kweelt/

So who else am I missing?

Jonathan