Re: ANNOUNCE: XQuery Implementation Demo available online from X-Hive

From: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:50:24 -0800
To: Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@softwareag.com>
CC: Jeroen van Rotterdam <jeroen@x-hive.com>, www-ql@w3.org
> So who else am I missing?

There is my implementation, provisionally named Kawa-Query
(http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/xquery).  (I am considering
renaming it to Qexo.)  It is noteworthy because it actually
compiles XQuery "programs" into Java bytecodes classe (which
can be servlets, applets, or applications).  It is also noteworthy in
that it is Open Source available under a liberal license.  (From what
I can tell of  XQuench it is so far just a parser.)

It is quite incomplete, but the web page should show that it can already
be useful, and it is improving rapidily.  (I'm currently working
on an optimization framework for for-expressions, plus PATH[COND]
expressions; I will check them into cvs as soon as they work acceptably.)

    --Per Bothner, Brainfood.com
per@bothner.com      http://www.bothner.com/per/