Re: [www-ql] <none>

From: Vasilis Vassalos <vasilis@enosysmarkets.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:09:16 -0800
To: <www-ql@w3.org>
This point has been made time and again.

> Specifically I'm more concerned about investing a lot of effort to build a
> SQL-like syntax that is easily consumed by humans at the expense of one
that
> is easily consumed by automated processes.

How exactly does XML syntax simplify consumption of XQueries by automated
processes (apart from the tokenization that Prof. Kifer mentioned)?

(Someone on this thread even mentioned that the XML syntax will
simplify query execution! )

Thanks,

Vasilis Vassalos
Enosys Markets, Inc.