Re: [www-ql] <none>

From: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:45:11 -0500
To: "Ingo Macherius" <macherius@darmstadt.gmd.de>
cc: www-ql@w3.org

IM> In fact FLWR-XQuery has to be mapped to Algebra at some point anyway

The semantics of XQuery is transparent enough to be able to do this.

Out of curiosity: is there an official document that spells out the
algorithm behind XSLT?
The official W3 doc on XSLT can't be seriously considered as a "clear and
unambiguous specification" of the XSLT semantics.

IM> so why not use XML as a syntax for this ?

We all seem to agree that for humans FLWR is easier to
understand than XML. Since at this stage people need to understand the
semantics and the expressive power of the proposed language, FLWR seems to
be a message format that is superior to XML :-)

	--michael