Re: [Building Application]

From: Jonathan Robie <Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 06:23:09 -0400
To: xneon79@netscape.net, www-ql@w3.org
At 09:11 AM 5/14/2001 -0400, xneon79@netscape.net wrote:
>    Recently I've started to develop an Internet based system among with
> the XML technology, I saw this mail list, and well, I need you help.
>    I would like to know, if possible, if there is any way to make a new
> web page from an existing xml page; you know, you make an xql, or xpath
> query, and results appears on a new page. Without using ASP.

Yes, this is possible. You may be interested, for instance, in Kweelt
Server Pages (KSP), which are similar to ASP or JSP, but use Kweelt, a
language very similar to XQuery, and are based on Cocoon. The same concept
would work perfectly well with XQuery, but Kweelt has some syntactic
differences. If you want something that has running code today, KSP seems
like a good way to go.

See http://db.cis.upenn.edu/Kweelt/#N1657 for more information.

Jonathan