W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-qa@w3.org > April 2006

Minutes of QA IG chairs - Meeting - 2006-04-05

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:56:24 +0900
Message-Id: <9B1337A2-BB13-4F34-B2DE-A9CB1EBA71C3@w3.org>
To: www-qa@w3.org

Topic: QA IG Chairs Meeting
Date: 2006-04-05

# Metadata Schema Document

Dom has [sent to the mailing list][1] a draft of a schema for the  
[test metadata document][4].

* [Metadata Schema in n3][2]
* [Metadata Schema in RDF][3]

The document has to be reviewed by

* Patrick Curran - Deadline: 2006-04-11
* Snorre
* Tim

It might be interesting also to bring this to sent an email to ERT WG  
(EARL) about this schema for reviews/comments or if they just want to  
use it. We will re-publish  [Test Metadata][4] at the end of April,  
if reviews are done.

ACTION: Patrick to send reminders to push the review of the RDF  
schema of Test Metadata. Deadline: 2006-04-11
ACTION: Karl to do the editing work for republishing [Test Metadata] 
[4] - Deadline: 2006-04-29

[1]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2006Mar/0023
[2]: http://www.w3.org/2006/03/test-description.n3
[3]: http://www.w3.org/2006/03/test-description.rdf
[4]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-test-metadata-20050914/

# CUAP and CHIPs

There is more work than initially thought, specifically on CUAP.  
Olivier will modify/remove some sections of CHIPS. Karl will have to  
better organized and rewrite parts of CUAP. We (olivier and karl)  
have a weekly meeting on thursdays on this work. The deadline of  
April might have to be pushed a bit.

# QA Findings: Testability/Normativity.

Dom has started the discussion. There's a need for development.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2006Mar/0020.html
http://esw.w3.org/topic/NormativeButNotTestable

# EBNF Discussion

ACTION: karl to see if Björn is interested in preparing a blog entry  
on the EBNF discussion. Deadline: 2006-04-07
ACTION: karl to coordinate with Björn for bringing the EBNF  
discussion to the XML Core WG. Deadline: 2006-04-07

# Test Assertions Dummy Guide

Karl has published the [Test Assertion draft][5] in the dated space  
in HTML. We still don't know about the status of this, and we didn't  
receive comments from

* Snorre
* Patrick - Deadline: 2006-04-11
* Tim

The document will be put with public access.

[5]: http://www.w3.org/2006/03/test-assertion-guide.html [Member Only]

# Templates of QA Handbook and SpecGL

We have a system which might be usable for Conformance Template. I  
will first discuss with Ian if it's possible. We heard no news from  
Lofton for QA Handbook (Process Template). Tim Boland has created an  
[index for the QA Handbook][6].

ACTION: Karl to finish conformance template. No Deadline yet depends  
on the discussion with Ian.
ACTION: Karl to finish charter template by March 16. It's almost  
done. Charter generator. Being in Team review mode.
ACTION: Lofton to finish process template in next six weeks.  
Deadline: 2006-04-15
ACTION: Patrick to remind Lofton about the Process Template.  
Deadline: 2006-04-11
ACTION: Karl to republish QA Handbook with Lofton and Tim work when  
available. Deadline: not fixed yet.

[6]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2006Mar/0025

# QA Tools on the wiki

ACTION: Patrick to update section [QA Tools on the wiki][7] - http:// 
esw.w3.org/topic/QaTools. Deadline: 2006-04-19

[7]: http://esw.w3.org/topic/QaTools


# Validators new avenues

ACTION: Olivier to investigate new avenues to advertise new releases  
of validators. Deadline: 2006-04-11
ACTION: Karl to remind Olivier about validators new avenues AI.  
Deadline: 2006-04-05

# CSS Validator resources

Patrick has started to explore the possibility of resources for the  
CSS Validator (java) and it seems it's on the positive side for now.  
There are licensing issues. Patrick will discuss with Olivier about  
it and give an abstract on progress.

# XMLSpec

Karl introduces XMLSpec to Patrick as an area where sometimes there  
is a need for maintenance resources, being a tool to create  
specifications.

ACTION: Karl to send an abstract on what is XMLSpec to Patrick and  
the possible needs. Deadline: 2006-04-07

# Specification Reviews

How to encourage people to make QA reviews of specifications. Bjoern  
is an active reviewers of specifications. Maybe we could ask him to  
post a summary of his reviews to www-qa for QA related point or just  
announced that he has made a review, to encourage other people of  
doing it.


-- 
Karl Dubost - http://www.w3.org/People/karl/
W3C Conformance Manager, QA Activity Lead
   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***
Received on Friday, 7 April 2006 01:53:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:40:37 UTC