Re: Testability and normative requirements

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:25:15 -0600
To: www-qa@w3.org

After reading the first few messages in this thread,
I was prompted to turn my scribbly notes in
into prose.

Here's the bit relevant to this thread:

Requirements should be objective and testable. This is not to say that
things that are not testable have no place; the [WWW]design goals of XML
1.0 were an important part of the consensus process. But design goals,
objectives and the like should be clearly distinguished from testable,
objective requirements.
  -- http://esw.w3.org/topic/RequirementsDocument

Now I see that Tim found this is the consensus of a wider community...

>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requirement

perhaps that subsumes/obsoletes esw:RequirementsDocument. Or perhaps
the local version is worth maintaining?

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E