Re: XHTML 1.0 Content-Negotiation

Le vendredi 19 août 2005 à 15:58 +0300, Henri Sivonen a écrit :
> On Aug 19, 2005, at 13:46, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
> > Depending on the feedback I get, I'll update
> > http://www.w3.org/2003/01/xhtml-mimetype/content-negotiation
> > accordingly.
>
> I think the first and foremost problem with that document is that it
> fails to establish a practical motivation for serving XHTML 1.0 using
> different Content-Types to different browsers.

I disagree; this document is about how, not why. There is a lot of
history behind the why and the topic has been discussed to death in many
fora. This document only deals with "how" for those who want to do so.

(As a matter of fact, this document is a complement to another article:
http://webstandards.org/learn/askw3c/sep2003.html which does speak a bit
about the why)

Dom
W3C/ERCIM